Sunday, March 28, 2010

Channa masala

And so the weekend comes to an end. Today I slept in and rode my bike to the park and laid in the grass and read and bought a blueberry smoothie and marmite and cooked this! It was a good day.


The channa recipe is from Smitten Kitchen (I stole the idea for the first picture from SK too, though I like to imagine that I would've thought of it independently with the spices all assembled. Also, who knew paprika and cayenne looked so different). I was a little bit worried because I only had about 3 cups of chickpeas and for some reason decided not to adjust the seasonings, and about halfway through it seemed like it was maybe going to be crazy over the top spicy, but it worked out pretty perfect. I made another batch of naan too, as I suspect I am doomed to do frequently from here on.


And now, I am going to do what I can to stave off Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment