Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lentil loaf

This is going to have a little bit of a learning curve, I can already tell. My goal is to put up pictures of delicious things that I liked eating and not to like impart my encyclopedic cooking knowledge to the world, but I am still a little embarrassed about pulling two recipes from the same blog two days in a row.

In any case, last night's dinner (and today's lunch and probably tonight's dinner too) was this. Since I only had regular lentils and not French lentils (going to have to admit ignorance on this one?) I paid heed to Carolyn's comment at the bottom and cooked them down a little more than I normally would. Everything tasted great, but it really took a day in the fridge for it to congeal into a properly sliceable "loaf". I would say you could substitute for almost anything except the cumin which was absolutely critical, and I don't even love cumin that much.

Since I don't really eat french fries anymore, I so rarely have an excuse to have ketchup... mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment